Stripped of me, covered in You
I have now been stripped of every single thing about myself I ever held to be valuable - every impostor, if you like.And what's left is shameful. My dreams of being caught half-naked have turned into a reality.
Is this an answer to prayer?
Is this cost of humility?
Even my own righteousness, even that has worn thin.
And God loves me,
and I'm still free.
Sadly, I have only one reason to hold my head up high - but I think perhaps He is the only reason I ought to have.
I really love Jesus. I have absolutely nothing to contribute, nothing by which to be counted worthy, yet I still enjoy all the benefits of His love and His death - freedom and grace and love and forgiveness... and a share in every good thing.
Sorry this post is so intense... I'm not quite sure how to digest it all - I don't quite know how to respond, and I half wonder if it could really be true.

7 Comments:
Sometimes we have to be stripped off everything in order to be naked ... so He can give us new clothes.
ps. He has great taste! love you, thank you for making me be grateful for the processes of humility in my own life through your brave honesty.
hey den! :) can't wait to see you on the 17th! it's gonna be rad, haven't seen your face in an age. :)
I get who you are now, Miss Denise Gray!!! HELLO!!!It is good to see you around. and avoid john Ebden-what a hottie he is:)
Why haven't I commented here yet? that's the real question... why? i think you should have tea with me soon. That's my discernment telling me that.
YES!! "stripped of me, covered in You"... truly den this is utterly beautiful, even in the title. but then i read and further and i felt the excruciating beauty of a exquisite revelation being birthed. so painful and at the same time so miraculously breath-taking...
love u den!
denise!
HEY DEN
gr8 poem
i wanna post my new poem, but its gonna take a while to post
so chek ya l8rs
Will
Post a Comment
<< Home